IMB Financial Services is an independent, agile, FinTec company based in Cape Town CBD with a successful national footprint. IMB is also very active in the business of creating upliftment opportunities aimed at benefitting South Africans, underpinned by our belief that we do improve the livelihoods of everyone with a stake in our country’s economic future. IMB requires the services of a highly skilled Ruby Developer who is driven by the notion of taking their wealth of knowledge and experience to the next level in support of IMB’s 2019 expansion plans.
The Ruby on Rails Developer will be wholly and fully involved in the more advanced projects and will play an integral role in identifying and suggesting innovation and best practice to maintain and advance the company’s competitive edge. Besides being highly skilled as a Ruby Developer the successful incumbent will also have an inherent regard for upholding confidentiality, honesty and integrity across all aspects of the job due to the role being operative within the financial industry; will actively participate in all aspects of development, maintenance and support of the current system; provide support to the existing user and system; anticipate the needs of future users and systems and have a specific passion for enhancements and “bug fixing”.
So if you’re passionate about the Fintech industry? Want to make a difference using your wealth of Ruby On Rails advanced developer skills to aid and abet rocketing this already successful FinTech Company to the next level? And if you are not in Cape Town…have no fear – we still want to chat so don’t hesitate to apply as the sea is but a click in the clouds away
- Participate in system development
- Perform system maintenance and defect resolution
- Produce user enhancements
- Create and facilitate suitable testing methods
- Participate in “go-live” activities
- Create and update system documentation
- Matric / Grade 12
- Tertiary IT / Programming / Developer, or related studies
- At least 7 years relevant and practical experience would be advantageous.
- Experience in Ruby on Rails development
- Experience with financial systems/FinTech would be beneficial
- Understanding of fundamental and advanced design principles
- Knowledge of the integration of data storage solutions (such as Ruby/PostgreSQL/MySQL)
- Proficient in code versioning tools (such as Git)
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- High degree of integrity
- Able and flexible and able to work non-core working hours due often ‘after-hours’ need for the skill
- Customer focussed
- Solution orientated
- Resilient change agent
- Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure
- Proactive with ability to take initiative
- Meticulous with attention to detail
- Keen interest in research to keep abreast of innovation and technology
Send a detailed CV to email@example.com with the subject line “RubyonRails”. Closing date for applications is 28 February 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive feedback within 1 week of the closing date, kindly accept that your application was unsuccessful.
IMB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
By applying for this position and providing us with your CV and other personal information, you are consenting to the information being used for the specific purpose for which it was provided, which is recruitment purposes and possible appointment purposes (should you be successful). Please note that your information will be processed for recruitment purposes only or for such purposes relating to assessing the establishment of an employment relationship with yourself, and this will be done in accordance with the applicable data protection and privacy legislation.We confirm that such information will not be used for any other purpose without obtaining your prior consent.If your application is not successful, we may retain your CV and other information provided on our electronic system. If you object to your information being used in accordance with the aforementioned clauses, please indicate your objection and we will immediately destroy your personal information in a secure manner. The organization reserves the right not to make an appointment. Appropriate psychometric and / or other selection tools and reference checks is applicable.Qualifications, background and ITC checks are applicable.