First Aid Level 3- DEL Accredited. Must have a valid First Aid Level 2. (3 Days)
First Aid Level 3
To train First Aiders as First Aid Team Leaders to operate in high risk situations requiring higher levels of first aid skills
Course content include Level 1-2 lessons
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED use)
- Principles of First Aid & Safety Management
- Legal and Ethics of First aid
- Emergency Scene Management
- One and two rescuer CPR ( adult, child and infant)
- Shock, unconsciousness and fainting
- Wounds and bleeding
- Head and spinal injuries
- Joint and soft tissue injuries
- Hand injuries
- Multiple casualty management (Triage)
- Pelvic and abdominal injuries
- Environmental injuries
- Medical conditions
- Emergency child birth
- Heat and cold injuries
- Eye injuries
- Poisons, bites and stings
- Chest injuries
- Rescue carries
- Elementary and applied anatomy and physiology
- Water emergencies (Including basic water rescue techniques)
We recommend that participants do First Aid Level 2-3 combined (3 Days) Department of Labor Accredited. A valid First aid Level 1 Certificate is needed.
Assessment: Written test (closed book) 70% pass mark.
Practical demonstration of first aid skills and simulations.
Minimum Entry: Grade 9 Education Level or equivalent, plus a valid Level 2 First aid certificate.